TEN RELAXATION TIPS FOR WOMEN
1. Spare at least 20 minutes daily to read a heartwarming book (ex. Chocolate for the Woman's Soul by Kay Allenbaugh, or Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen).
2. Express yourself through words by writing in a "thought" journal. This will allow you to release your stress and anxiety in a positive, healthy way.
3. Take 15-30 minutes to exercise each day (ex. yoga, aerobics or walking). Set up a relaxed atmosphere with quiet instrumental music and a peaceful background such as an ocean scene.
4. Watch a funny movie or TV show for a good laugh.
5. In you don't have time to read a lengthy novel, why not sit in a comfortable chair while listening to a condensed book on tape.
6. Take a warm soothing bubble bath and wash away all of your worries.
7. Indulge your sweet tooth by eating those foods you've been craving (chocolate, cake, ice cream).
8. Find time to have one special meal a week at home with your family without any distractions (ringing telephones or television playing).
9. Participate in a fun activity or hobby (gardening, crafts, decorating, sports).
10. Take at least 10 minutes a day to pray or meditate.